Saturday, April 16, 2016

Dear Mother

Hellllllllllo and happy weekend!  I have a card to share today made for Really Reasonable Ribbon.  Mother's Day is coming up.  I have been thinking a lot about my Mom.  It is very bittersweet to create something knowing that she will not be here this year.  It is also very healing...creating always is for me. 


I started with some paper scraps and diecuts .  I added some metal flourishes and a heart to add some dimension.


From there I added some seam binding in Lace Blue for softness, Trellis roses, and Cherry blossoms in blue.







I added a sentiment from Crafty Secrets and was done.  I love the old time feel of this...and the blue!  Hope you enjoy!  Cherry

3 comments:

Patty O'Malley said...

Very pretty!

Judy said...

So pretty! Blue just works well for Mother's Day!

Roosterhead Designs said...

Such a lovely heart-felt card Cherry!! It's beautiful~
Here's to special memories of (your) 'mom'~ I'm sure you are
missing her.
Thanks for sharing this lovely creation. Your work is always
an inspiration~ Karen O